Monday, March 21, 2011

Pickup Truck Accessories - Bed Mats

Pickup truck accessories range from the useful to those just for fun. Bed protection can look good but it's mostly practical. That's especially true for the lowly rubber bed mat. Here's what I found when I bought one.

I just wanted a simple bed mat to protect the bed of my 1976 Chevy C-10 with just 48,000 original miles and all original paint. The need was for a custom bed mat and I needed it within a few days, for a one-time hauling job.

Now rubber bed mats may be one of the very best deals in any kind of pickup accessory. That's because they protect as well as, or better, than even the most expensive bed liner, but they cost nearly nothing. In my opinion, they look good doing it too.

First, I considered my favorite on-line sources. Some of the models available were not offered for my old truck. That seemed a little strange since that same bed configuration was offered for many years. But that was the case. The ones that were available would take longer than I wanted to wait.

So I broke out the phone book and started calling. The response when I mentioned the model year of the pickup was usually an amused chuckle. Then an explanation followed about how that was a special order and would take some time. No luck anywhere on the phone...

As a last resort, why not check the auto parts stores in the neighborhood?

The first stop yielded a helpful counter man and even a search through the paper catalog, but again it's going to take a week or more. So it's on to the other parts store, which happens to be right next door. No way would that work, I thought, but it's my last shot.

Same question was posed and the counter guy says he can make a call and maybe find one. So he does and the answer is that there is one and it would cost fifty bucks. "Is that OK?"

Huh? Fifty bucks, I thought. Well... Sure... It sort of sounded like a joke. "Check back tomorrow about noon," said the counter guy.

I did and there it was. A big, heavy, black rubber bed mat perfectly sized to fit my old truck and it only cost an even fifty bucks plus the tax. Such a deal...

Getting the right pickup truck accessories at the right price sometimes means being in the right place and asking the right person. Finding the right place may take some time and trial and error.

Romeo have been writing articles for nearly 2 years. Come visit his blogs more often for tips and advice that helps people with the interest for pickup truck accessories and great passion and knowledge for custom auto accessories and all the different options & providers available in the market today. Find out for more info also here enjoythedrive.com

No comments:

Post a Comment